Sunday, June 19, 2011

Remembering My Dad

This photo was taken of Dad in 1939 when he graduated from Auburn Academy in Auburn, Washington. If I'm not mistaken the academy was a private, Seventh-day Adventist school. Dad was raised in the Adventist religion before joining the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

One memory I'll share with you kids is the many, many times I would be awakened in the night with terrible leg aches and cry from the pain. Jody would go get Dad on her own without my asking and he would come sit on the bed and rub my legs. The rubbing never helped the pain go away but it was comforting to have him with me. It took much later in my life for me to learn that I have very high calcium needs and that was what caused and will still cause me leg aches.

Wishing all a fine Father's Day.

Happy day, msk

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin