Friday, April 22, 2011

Before and After

Here's a peek at the happenings in the kitchen. I can't begin to show you all the boxes of food and dishes, pots and pans etc. in the adjoining dining room. I'm in a rather big push now to get it done so we can eat with family and friends Easter Sunday after church in there.

The before

The after.
I went with a creamy white from Sherwin Williams called Roman Column. I'm really happy with it. The entire room seems light and larger.



Before

After

This kitchen isn't in "staged" condition. It's a real working kitchen (most on blogs are). The windows are covered with film as are all other windows. Tomorrow the house is painted. I feel like I'm in a cocoon.

I know my refrigerator would look so much nicer and cleaner but I simple have to put up all the "grands" and kiddos photos and occasional artwork, cards etc.. Just have too. That's all.

I've juiced all the lemon from my two little trees (almost, a couple more are hanging on).I zested all the lemons first and froze that too. I'll be making lemon curd tomorrow for Easter dinner as part of the dessert. You can go over to Knights In The Kitchen or directly here for that recipe. I've converted it to microwave and it's very easy and very delicious.

Happy day, msk

8 comments:

Julie Harward said...

WOW..what a difference! It looks wonderful..and I just have to put all the kids and grands on my fridge too! I saw that recipe..YUM! Have a great Easter weekend! :D

the conleys said...

it looks FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cannot wait to see it in person. looks so great.. love you!!

Bob & Marilee Neff said...

Oh, how I love the new look....hhhuuuummmm...thinking, thinking...yep, I believe I'll take on a project in the kitchen...Thanks for sharing...Lemon Curd sounds so delicious...I'll try that, too...

Marilee

Emily said...

Wow!! It looks great! What a huge difference...It's so exciting! Happy Easter. We love you!

Jody said...

Love it, Love it! You are one special girl. Happy Easter Hugs

Unknown said...

MarySue I LOVE it. It looks so great!

tessa said...

Love it! What a fun Easter present to enjoy. We're partial to white kitchens too. We redid our oak cabinets bright white last year. Just makes things so nice and light. Great job!

sylvia said...

The kitchen looks fantastic! I love how fresh and clean the cabinets look.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin