I love the Sabbath. Today was no exception. I appreciate the holy scriptures we feasted on today and the motivation they are in my life. Let me share with you scripture I'm sure you've read many times before but isn't that the beauty of the scriptures, being able to read and reread and be inspired. This is just one we read today. I hope you've had a good Sabbath.
2 Timothy 3:1-7
1. This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come,
2. For men (I'd include women) shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3. Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4. Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5. Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women (I'd include men) laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7. Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.Our teacher pointed out that incontinent means without self control, and heady means rash or reckless.
Here's to continued learning, growth and development and a sincere thank you to Sandy H. who taught such a good lesson today.