Thursday, August 30, 2007

Jody's COW boys.

Jody loves her COWboys every year and treats them so good (until...). Tonight after dinner we had watermelon rinds to take out and feed the boys plus Jody got some grain also. Can you see the boys...two small white dots on their faces in the center of the photo. Heads up when they hear Jody calling "here boys".

They're coming in and hoping for something good to munch on.


They start galloping (or is it just horses that gallop) when they hear the grain sack being open. Ooo they love their grain.
While they eat I give them a shot of fly spray. Pesky flies. Can you tell the wind shifts and I'm getting a face full. I think I took a similar photo of Jesse doing this about 3 years ago or was it 4, time passes quickly and my mind can't keep track.
Grains eaten so now they'll check out the melon rinds. This picture makes me look like I'm throwing it to the bull but I'm not. I'm cool with feeding bulls and am not some sissy city gal...no sireee.

What's with that face!!!! Ol bully boy just majorly belched in my face!!! Actually very funny and Jody was so proud of herself for catching this expression on camera for all of you to laugh at (not a recreation like the wave).

We're still friends. I enjoy the livestock and try very hard not to think of the hamburgers I'll be eating here next summer.

Oh Jody, we love you sooo much. That scratching really hits the spot. Thank you for giving us such a good, if somewhat shortened, life.

Is this my good side. Please get my good side in the photo.
Oh they're getting frisky. They really get playing and pushing each other around but my camera can't catch fast action. You could say they are "feeling their oats".

Because this is what's filled their bellies. No, it's not chopped up beavers. Very misleading bag of feed if you ask me.

2 comments:

Trevlyn said...

LOVE IT! WHERE'S THE DROOL HANGING FROM THEIR MOUTHS?! I'LL NEVER FORGET THE FIRST TIME THE COWBOYS MOOED AT JACOB AND SCARED HIM OUT OF HIS PANTS! NOW THAT'S A "MOO"! GREAT PHOTOS, JODY!

Christie K said...

Parker will love these. One of her favorite memories is fedding Jody's cowboys watermelon.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin