Monday, August 6, 2012

Just Sharing

This is a little about buying in bulk, glass and re-purposing.
Wow, that doesn't sound very exciting does it.
Since the Win*co store opened in my area I have become a fan of the bulk bins. Here are a couple of cheese filled pastas, mini M&M's, peanuts, sprinkles and more pasta (tortellini). I don't like storing food items in the thin, plastic bags in which they come home.

I save and reuse the
GLASS
jars of spaghetti sauce, salsa, mayo, pickles etc. Actually, the only place I can find mayo in glass jars is health food stores. Have you been noticing how glass is being phased out. I feel glass is so safe and encourage you to use it over plastic.
I have to admit to using some plastic....some....very little.

I was watching America's Test Kitchen on PBS Saturday and in the test kitchen they were evaluating liquid measuring cups. They stated the best one was this oldie-goldie . . .
. . . they then announced that Pyrex was discontinuing making it. I smiled when they told viewers to go out to yard sales and purchase 10 of them.
Pyrex's' new model just didn't get approval.
There you have another reason to shop a garage, yard or estate sale or thrift store.
You may want to get the old, clear, glass mixing bowls too if you can find them..
They are just thee best.
Wishing you a happy day. I'm thinking of all sorts of things to be happy over as the thermometer climbs to 110-112* today.


4 comments:

Karen said...

why would pyrex stop making the measuring cup that is such a standard in our lives? that is outrageous! It does make me want to go and get all that I can to stash for future generations.

MarySue said...

Thanks for you comment Karen. Build up your glass stash. :)

Trevlyn said...

Keeping my eyes peeled!

Bob & Marilee Neff said...

Thanks for the tip...Gonna keep my eyes open...Thinking of you and that heat warning...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin