Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Great, Big Plans

Yesterday to took many photographs of what's blooming in the AZ heat- at least in my backyard. I didn't know what else to blog about.


I'm not trying new recipes.


I'm not doing much at all.


Wake up msk and get to doing something. Accomplish something.


Yes, keeping anything alive and blooming is July and August in Phoenix is an accomplishment...really.


And you would probably see all those pics if my computer weren't sooooooo slow.


Instead, my great, big plan is to organize the food storage "room". In this heat you cannot use the garage to store food due to...it's toooooo HOT. My "room" is the little cubby under the stairs. You may remember when Kathy helped me get it in order and she even built shelving for me. I was an assistant but she rocked the project. Well, I just got a hand-me-down shelf from her and I'm tucking it also in my food storage cubby today. I'm about half-way through the project. It's a good plan.


Then I'll go to the garage...we don't talk about the garage...for my next big plan and unload a tall bookshelf 1/2 full of "stuff" and get it over to MTN's for the grands to use in one of their rooms. Their move has gone so well and I just love being in their new home. A blessing!


I saw this music video of Mindy Gledhill on my blogfriend Theresa's blog recently. Love. It.
I'm really enjoying her blog. Maybe I'm a bit funny but as I read your blogs I feel that I've gained new friends. Do any of you feel that way?

Hope you take a moment and watch this. I'm now singing along with it.

P.S. I ask you, have you ever wanted to go out and chop your hair off very short?
Happy day, msk

5 comments:

the conleys said...

wish I was there to help with the food storage cave and the garage :)

and yes. I have had the urge to chop my hair short. I acted on it on two separate occasions. loved it the first time... loathed it the second.

you goin crazy short short?
xoxo

Julie Harward said...

Sounds like a busy day of accomplishment to me. And yes, I have had that desire and did it..love it..will never go back to ling hair! ;D

Amber said...

Hi Aunt Sue! I am in Utah for a few days visiting my family and going to my 10 year reunion! Ben will join me out here next week. And yes, I am trying as hard as I can to grow my hair out but as I am walking around utah today (carless) I am fighting an urge to cut my hair and save me from the 90+ weather! :) I don't know how you do it!

Can't wait to see you in Oregon soon!

xoxo

Teresa said...

Yes, love meeting new people through "blogging" and if you are in the area...stop by the spring event...or better yet make plans to come with your girls =) Mindy is our entertainment
Happy Day

sylvia said...

There's no one else (along with Jody) that I have greater faith in keeping plants alive and thriving (even in HOT, HOT weather).
It'll will be so great to see you in Oregon!
And yes, every time I grow my hair out long, I end up cutting it very short again and wish I hadn't.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin