Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Bunny Day

Today, Saturday started out with the house being painted at a little after 6 a.m. Winds calm...is that the same as no winds? We had our ward breakfast, program and egg hunt and the Primary (of which I am a happy part) was assigned to put this ward activity "on". We started setting up at 7:30. A bit cloudy which was such a delight for Arizonans.

We decided on a no-cook breakfast and served muffins, fresh fruit, yogurt, granola, juice and milk. It was a hit. Only one person asked me where the eggs and bacon were and I told her at I.H.O.P.!

I wish this cell phone pic showed just how cute this idea was. I took white balloons (looked like eggs) and covered them with round stickers (garage sale price stickers). I attached them to garden bamboo stakes, hung long, green curling ribbon that floated in the breeze. They were a hit and I mistakenly thought I'd get to take them home but the Primary kids asked for them and they were all happily taken home which was just fine.

The Primary sang a song and then SLK gave a really good Easter talk.

A lot of clean up and prep for Easter Sunday going on at home afterward. I polished up some of Grandma Pearl's silver and cut fresh lavender for the center piece. I like to completely set the table the day before - even laying out the serving pieces. This makes a busy day a tad bit less hectic.

I chose to use my mismatched (on purpose) blue china. It's a rather calm setting with yet several unpacked boxes. If you asked me why it's taking so long to unload all of them I will tell you. I hope you don't.

A lot of work out side too with trying to put the porch contents, multiple pots of flowers, front and back together but not completely since there is still some touch up and trim painting to be completed Monday. Plant watering and now off to make my lemon curd.

Wishing you a blessed Easter tomorrow.
Happy day, msk

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I love the mix and match blue. It is just a beautiful table setting. Have a wonderful Easter with the family tomorrow.

Angela said...

Mary Sue, you sure know how to make a girl miss home! I was just talking about that picnic area at the back of the church after our ward Easter Egg hunt on Saturday.

the conleys said...

i LOVE the lavender in the teapot!!! and the mismatched blue..
xoxo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin