Friday, February 6, 2009

Thrifty Finds

Last summer I found this chair in a curb side pick up pile while on my walk. I hustled home to get my car and went back and yes, loaded it in my car. There was another chair just down that street that also came home with me. There was a time I would have been embarrassed to admit my thrifty practices but not now. I'm fine with it. SLK was not fine with the chairs in the garage and wanted to take them to Deseret Industries a week ago. I saved them - again - but knew I was pressing my luck so bought some spray paint and went to work yesterday.
I've learned that I'd better wear more protective clothing and foot wear in the future. And that is not dirt but black paint. I've scrubbed and scrubbed, then resorted to finger nail polish remover.

First coat.

Second chair, first coat.

I was on a roll so also decided to paint this old freebie. And since I ran out of paint and had to run back for another can of black I picked up a can of green to refresh the old metal patio table. My finger is still numb from pressing on the spray trigger for so long.

The Oregon urns and wire chairs (thanks for the chairs Trevlyn) that were painted a couple of days ago. I'm sorry I painted the urns with a satin finish but I won't lose any sleep over them either but matte would have looked better....next time.
I was running out of daylight so hopefully later will be good photo weather and I'll share the afters. I'm really feeling pretty good about my thriftiness.

2 comments:

Brewer's Ink said...

What an ingenious way to get a pre-summer tan on the feet!

MarySue said...

Jeannette-that made me chuckle and I love to chuckle! Happy day.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin