Though the Christmas decorations are all around the house I feel today is such a new day and Christmas is behind. Sounds strange. Maybe some of it is due to the very sunny, warm skies today after so much cloudy, rain during the holidays. I've really enjoyed the festivities, family and friends. I feel very thankful. This was our smallest gathering and I'd much, much rather it be large but it was still wonderful. I think Dori and I set some type of record with the number of Skip B.o and You Blew It games played. We also passed up the traditional Dutch Baby breakfast per request and that was strange. Christmas dinner with the Nally clan so so good and fun. So good to share with loved ones!!! The day after Dori and I saw the movie Australia and lunched at Rub.io's. Love, love, love their fish tacos and these were particularly good. I recommend both...and if you don't have a Rub.io's in your location, come down to sunny AZ and we'll go together.
Yesterday was a great Sabbath. Dear friends Cindy T. and Mona L. spoke in church and were inspiring. Mona lead me to reread verses in Romans. Please let me share with you. Shared with love and hopes your day is fine.
Romans 12:9-21 (Paul's counsel to live as becometh saints)
9. Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
10. Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
11. Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
12. Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
13. Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
14. Bless them which persecute you; bless, and curse not.
15. Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
16. Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
17. Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
18. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
19. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath; for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
20. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
21. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.