Thursday, November 1, 2007

Taking A Stand

Taking a stand. . . I really had to do this!!!! I'm sick and tired of the "happy holidays" stuff. I'm sick and tired of stores not allowing the Salvation Army bell ringers - yeah Wally's you still do!!! I love having my children and now grands put coins into those red kettles and explain where that money goes and what we've been a part of. See what I did here. I'm gearing up for a MERRY CHRISTMAS. I'm preparing to celebrate the birth of my Lord & Savior Jesus Christ. Yes, I'll speak of Santa to the grands and I'll even have some Santa decorations and a big, fun tree but my ever growing collection of nativities will be prominently displayed, I will speak of Christ and hopefully spend even more time preparing my heart and serving my fellow man/woman/family/neighbor to show how I really feel about this sacred holiday. Who wants to kick me off that soapbox I'm on again. Tell me, what are you planning on doing to have a Christ centered Christmas in your life and in your childrens lives? Loves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, girl!

Trevlyn said...

Wow! Thanks for getting me geared up for a more Christ-centered Christmas. (I haven't put Halloween away yet, though!)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin