Sunday, October 28, 2007

Good Sabbath

You may recall the following quote that I have had, loved and used in talks for years. It was repeated at a meeting I attended this week and reminded me how much I love it. Hope you enjoy it too.

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someones garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really LIVED."

Now, just a word to the troops taking the 60 Day Challenge with me. Hope you are sticking with this. I know we can do it and it only takes a little extra effort and planning and I'm sure the rewards will be mighty-fine. If you don't know what I'm talking about go here and here.

Hope you've had a Good Sabbath. 3

1 comment:

Christie K said...

Thanks for the quote. Something to think about!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin