Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Some news reports on Monday made me so sad that I felt I had to share the following statement put forth from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon) with you.

In response to media calls regarding comments made by a Baptist minister at a political event stating that Mormons are not Christians, the Church issued the following statement today:

We really don’t want to comment on a statement made at a political event, but those who want to understand the centrality of Christ to our faith can learn more about us and what we believe by going to mormon.org .

I've always felt a Christian is one who accepts Jesus Christ as the Savior and son of God and tries everyday to follow His teachings. I'm MarySue and I'm a Mormon and a Christian.

Pin It

2 comments:

Brewer's Ink said...

His statement made me so sad too. I'm sorry that the Baptist Minister doesn't have a good "Mormon" friend to talk to. My name is Jeanette, and I'm a Mormon, and a Christian too.

MarySue said...

Yeah Jeannette!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin