Wednesday, November 17, 2010

One photo and so much to say....
but then I am rather long-winded.
Once my sweet daughter Trevlyn pretended to pull an imaginary string from the back of my neck....remember the Chatty Cathy doll :(

First: Here's a plug to bake your pumpkin pie from "scratch".
And on top of that, grate your own nutmeg. Soooooooooooooooo good.
You can find nutmeats at Cost Plus. Just $1.99 for this bag that will last you a very long time.
Of course you also have to get an inexpensive little grater if you are without one.
You can find our family p.pie recipe at www.knightsinthekitchen.blogspot.com
Second: I refuse to call that store World Market.
They were originally Cost Plus.
Then Cost Plus World Market.
Now, World Market.
I'm not sure what this says about me and I know I'm being stubborn.

Third: If you go to Cost Plus check out their other bagged spices and related goodies.
I also purchased
Herbs De Provence,
food grade Lavender and . . .
Juniper Berries.
I don't know why I thought I had to purchase Juniper Berries but I shelled out 99 cents and now have my little packet on hand . . .
you know . . .
just in case I find a recipe I have to try that calls for J.Berries.
And then there is the side of me that always wants to be prepared and is a sharer.
I never know when a dear friend will call and ask if I have any J.Berries she can borrow.

Happy day, msk

1 comment:

momof8 said...

Hey! Chipotle uses Juniper berries when they roast their carnitas! I may have to go get some!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin