Sunday, February 22, 2009

Meet'cha At The Malt Shoppe

Today I'm breathing easier. I always stress a little. . . or a lot over a ward activity. I'm also feeling so grateful for the committee I get to serve with and the fine job they did. Last night we had an adult social. Pathetically today the "world" has a different connotation for "adult" entertainment but at church it simply (and purely) means find a sitter and you adults have a night out. With our 50's theme we welcomed all-

Big thanks to Colette L. for the gigantic and awesome hand painted banner and her dear husband Kevin L. for the loan of his detailed beauty of a motorcycle-

One of many hits was the borrowed, thanks Allyson M., authentic milkshake maker. This gem was in almost constant use. This is our "fountain" table prior to the three 5 gallon drums of chocolate, strawberry and vanilla ice cream, endless toppings and fabulous homemade caramel and hot fudge sauce cauldrons from Shree B. The root beer floats and sundae's were also a hit.
Clever and creative DJ Mark P. and cute wife Michelle kept the goldie oldies spinning and fun musical trivia games coming.

Here's a NOW pic of Karen and Bill A.

Karen's high school photo


The BEFORE of Anders and Margareta F. in Sweden-

And here they are "cutting a rug". They knew the moves too.
Again, Margareta and Anders dressed for the parts.
Our Sandi and Walt V. . . .

Allison and John D. . .

Melissa and Jason I. . . . (our great photographer)
and you could usually find Nancy and me behind the fountain serving up treats.
Many more were hard working and very involved but most of the night my hands were in ice cream and I'm actually surprised I got this many photos. Thanks for letting me share. And a HUGE thanks to Leslie and Greg B. who missed the night and opened their home to tend children so young parents got a night out. The best! And go HERE to see more of the fun people and photos from the night thanks to Jason.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

It was a great night and I really enjoyed it! Keep up the great work Mary Sue!!!

Allison said...

It was so fun! I only wish that I had room in my stomach for thirds on ice cream!

J Man said...

I too wish I could eat more ice cream. If you are interested in seeing all the photos taken go to my web site. Here is a link the entry www.jaminman.com.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mary Sue for a great evening. We had so much fun and your pictures are great. We love your blog.

Margareta and Anders

Heather and Shaun said...

I wish we could've been there! Looks like a fun time!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin